On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM, Javier Guerra Giraldez
<javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> honestly, i only tried once to create a deployment-appropriate binary
> with MS tools.  i don't remember which version it was; but it was
> total hell.  (gimme mingw any day... well, any day i have to deal with
> windows).

Easy for users is the mantra;  developers are supposed to be different
- I sometimes thought the idea was to keep the developers so busy
chasing new stuff that they never had time for the rest of the
software universe.

Anyway, mingw is generating good code these days and Eclipse CDT is
working out well.

steve d.