Hi Sebastien, list,

As a follow up to:

I'm actually considering writing a binding to libapreq so that I can
implement a full featured web server using my Lua/APR binding [6]. If
you're interested in such a binding I could probably make it standalone
from my (large) Lua/APR binding.

I just pushed the initial results of my experiments with libapreq2 this past weekend to GitHub [1], the online documentation has also been updated [2]. The libapreq2 binding is a part of Lua/APR but I've written a C module [3] that makes it possible to build a standalone "apreq" module which seems to work fine as well. The UNIX and Windows makefiles both know how to build the standalone module (execute "make apreq.so" or "nmake /f Makefile.win apreq.dll").

Note that I had a hard time building libapreq2 on Windows and ended up rewriting the included Windows makefile significantly to get rid of the Perl/Apache stuff. This edited makefile is included in the Lua/APR git repository [4]. I plan on publishing another Windows binary of the Lua/APR binding soon, that will include the compiled libapreq2 library.

 - Peter Odding

[1] https://github.com/xolox/lua-apr/commit/d962a7d4f57614453041
[2] http://peterodding.com/code/lua/apr/docs/#http_request_parsing
[3] https://github.com/xolox/lua-apr/blob/master/etc/apreq_standalone.c