I have improved the LuaJIT2 FFI support in my bindings generator [1].  It
helps you generate standard Lua C API & LuaJIT2 FFI based bindings into one
loadable module.

The previously announced ZeroMQ [2] bindings had used hand-written FFI
bindings that where just packaged into the same .so module file as the
standard Lua API based bindings.  Now the ZeroMQ bindings are mostly generated
by LuaNativeObjects.  (Note: there is a zmq.dump_ffi() function if you want to
see the generated Lua code for the FFI-based bindings).

Please take a look at the project's README [3] file and the example GD
bindings [4] for more details.

1. https://github.com/Neopallium/LuaNativeObjects
2. https://github.com/Neopallium/lua-zmq
3. https://github.com/Neopallium/LuaNativeObjects/blob/master/README.md