Hi all,

I just made an offer to the VimOutliner project to write all their scripts in
Lua, stating I could probably do them in 4 hours or less. I made the point
that even if the final product is not done in Lua (the official project
language is the Vim internal language, and the official VO scripting language
is currently Python), the fact that I can do it so fast means we can spend
minimal time on specifications, give it a try, and THEN see what spec changes
make sense.

I might get a lot of resistance switching from Python to Lua, but the
maintainer who championed Python has retired, so perhaps if I portray Lua well
I can win the day.

And if I win the day, I have a hunch VimOutliner will advance much faster than
it otherwise would have.

Wish me luck.

SteveT

Steve Litt