Congratulations for the zmq ffi based bindings !

The next library that I would really like to see using ffi bindings is OpenGL... If anyone starts such bindings, please write a note on the mailing list so we do not duplicate effort.

Cheers,

Gaspard

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 2:40 AM, Robert G. Jakabosky <bobby@sharedrealm.com> wrote:
On Saturday 19, Mike Pall wrote:
> Another metric that would be interesting to compare, is the effort
> it takes to create the different kinds of bindings. Ok, so the
> Lua/C API binding was first and ZeroMQ has a learning curve. But
> the FFI library has a learning curve, too. Do you have an estimate
> on the time it took you to finish the bindings?

I spent a few hours making the first version of the FFI based binding to
ZeroMQ, but then I spent a few more hours profiling, optimizing and debugging
those bindings.  With my bindings generator it would take me about the same
amount of time to create normal Lua bindings vs. FFI base bindings.

--
Robert G. Jakabosky