On Saturday 19, Mike Pall wrote:
> Robert G. Jakabosky wrote:
> > So it looks like the JIT is incorrectly optimizing the ffi.copy() call.
>
> Thank you for the report! Fixed in git HEAD.
>
> --Mike

When trying to verify the fix, I got this assertion from the server instance
of the script:

luajit: lj_record.c:106: rec_check_slots: Assertion `((((((tr))>>24) &
IRT_TYPE) - (TRef)(IRT_NUM) <= (TRef)(IRT_INT-IRT_NUM)))' failed.

I had the following flags turned on before to help track-down problems I had
with FFI before:
LUAJIT_USE_VALGRIND
LUAJIT_USE_GDBJIT
LUAJIT_USE_APICHECK
LUAJIT_USE_ASSERT

The assertion happens even with just "LUAJIT_USE_ASSERT" turned on.  Also this
is with git HEAD.

Without assertions turned on the server & client run without crashing on the
ffi.copy() bug.

--
Robert G. Jakabosky