[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: question on lua tables and garbage collection
- From: "Dimiter \"malkia\" Stanev" <malkia@...>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:45:48 -0800
Also lua learner here,
But this might be helpful, the resize function in ltable.c
Dimiter "malkia" Stanev,
On 2/19/11 7:20 AM, Ana Zgombic wrote:
i have several question on garbage collection and lua's table implementation.
1) i understand that a table hash part is indeed implemented in C as a
hash. does this part do a rehash when its buckets are full?
2) if it does do a rehash, is it right to think that pointers to
actual data does not change?
i'm thinking of how the GC finds the bits to be freed.
my apologies if the questions are not clear. i'm just learning. in
addition, which parts of the code should i look into to see how all of
this is orchestrated?