Just an update on locations (I also updated the wiki).  In Santa
Barbara, we can organize a room for ~100 with no problem.  Getting to
SB is not as expensive as one might think.  Basically, you would fly
into LAX (Los Angeles) and take the Santa Barbara Airbus from the
terminals to downtown Santa Barbara for ~$40.  I briefly checked some
major routes into LAX this summer:

Frankfurt - LAX: ~$1000 - 1300
Rio - LAX: ~$900 - 1200
New York - LAX: ~$250 - 400

July is the most expensive month.  June and August are cheaper.

I think we should decide on location based on the number of people who
can attend + location organization.  From the list of potential
attendees so far, it seems like most people are based in Europe.

wes