I've added "yet another zip library" to the zip libraries already
available to Lua [1].  This library is based off of libzip from:

  http://www.nih.at/libzip/

This one is different from the others that I tried in that you can now
"write" zip files.  You can get the library here:

  https://github.com/brimworks/lua-zip

The motivation for this library is a power point slide generator that
I wrote to make it easier for me to prepare music slides.  If you are
interested in that hack (the code needs major refactoring), you can
get it here:

  https://github.com/brimworks/text2slide

It works, but it isn't pretty.  The lua-zip binding on the other hand
has been tested a lot more thoroughly (but I don't guarantee it as
being bug free).

Thanks,
-Brian

[1] NOTE: my zip binding is prefixed with "brimworks" to avoid
collisions with the other LuaZip library (which is a binding to
zziplib).

--
Brian Maher >> Glory to God <<