2011/2/13 Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com>:

> What was rays_per_second rate with their _original_ code on your machine?
>
> --Leo--

it takes an eternity... given the pixels output array is one giant
table, it gets slower and slower the more pixels are added (as
consquence of making that pixel[index] = color, index = index + 1).
Without ffi I have only 6 600 rps (all with current luajit head).

Looking at his javascript implementation, there he did unroll some
more of the for 1,3 loops. Also I think using ffi is more fair given
that the javascript pixel array also maps to native data or?

anyway running his javascript in chrome I get 16 000 rps, which would
mean LuaJit is twice as fast on my system.