On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 14:26, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
Am 12.02.11 16:54, schrieb Dado Sutter:

> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 16:17, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com
> <mailto:slitt@troubleshooters.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Thursday 10 February 2011 05:35:50 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>     > > a lot of non-USian-americans find that offensive
>     >
>     > Can we now go back to discussing the Lua Workshop 2011 or is this
>     thread
>     > lost forever to bickering?
>
>     Sure. Regardless of where it's held, it would be great if there's
>     some sort of
>     facility so those of us who couldn't make it can attend virtually.
>     My schedule
>     is so busy that if it's more than 400 miles away I can't go, but it
>     would be
>     fun to join in some way.
>

> We have facilities here on PUC-Rio (led by the Communications and
> Journalism Department) to record and also stream online the conferences.
> Although I liked a lot the suggestion for holding the event on The Moon
> (and I volunteer to help too :), live streaming would have a slightly
> longer lag.

I don't think live streaming is what we want.  People live in different
timezones, so having recordings/slides/papers/proceedings available that
anyone can download an consume whenever he has time seems more
reasonable to me.

Agreed.
Although (IMO) the 2009 workshop recordings didn't come out with the quality we expected, we have identified the causes and their new equipment and infra-structure were highly enhanced since then.

oh, and if we did it on the moon, I prefer we did it on the dark side of
the moon, so noone can see us making fun of Perl, Ruby, and Python ;)

:) :)
I can hear the soundtrack on the opening session already :)

Best
Dado