On 10 February 2011 15:56, T T <t34www@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to do some mangling of BibTeX entries.  Before I reinvent the
> wheel, I wonder if maybe somebody else already wrote a BibTeX to Lua
> table parser.

If you're just looking to hack something together, tcllib (packaged
for Ubuntu/Debian) contains a BibTeX parser and it can trivially be
accessed via ltcltk (available through luarocks):

tcl = require("ltcl").new()
tcl:call("package", "require", "bibtex")
bibtable = tcl:call("::bibtex::parse", mybibtexstr)

I only have neatly formatted .bib files around, so I can't speak for
how good the parser is.

Alex