On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:29:11PM -0800, Robert G. Jakabosky wrote:
> On Thursday 10, Daniel Silverstone wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As part of the push towards world-ipv6 day, Pepperfish (who host lua.org
> > and lua-users.org) have been working on IPv6 support on their main server.
> > We are now proxying HTTP requests through from IPv6 to our IPv4-only
> > webserver.  As such, if you're fully IPv6 enabled you can now access
> > www.lua.org and lua-users.org over IPv6 (and will by default for the most
> > part).
>
> www.lua.org worked over IPv6 for me (I am using an IPv6 tunnelbroker), but
> lua-users.org and www.lua-users.org are still IPv4.  Maybe it is a DNS
> caching issue.

We don't control the DNS for lua-users.org, and its maintainer insists
on having it without the www. as the canonical location.  This means it
can't be set to a CNAME, it must be an A record.  This in turn means
when Pepperfish make changes like this, the records related to
lua-users.org must be manually updated by their maintainer, rather than
automagically updated by us.  This after all is why prefixes like www.
were invented :)

B.