On Wednesday 02 February 2011 01:42:39 Dirk Laurie wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 11:18:34PM +0200, Steve Litt wrote:
> > At this point I'm not sold on coroutines being as important as the
> > preceding, and time considerations suggest not getting into Metatables.
>
> Not only importance or time considerations, they're over the top.
>
> I'd say that coroutines, userdata, metatables, weak tables and the fact
> that arrays with holes are possible but not really catered for, are
> topics way too advanced even for a second or third lecture, let alone
> a first.  It took me several weeks to get to grips with them, and in some
> cases the grip has already slipped again because I have no need of the
> feature in question.
>
> Dirk

I agree Dirk. Also, they don't have enough "wow factor" to do them anyway. For
instance, I'm *for sure* going to show them a C program calling a Lua
function, because although that's an advanced topic, it's just sooooo kewl.
Coroutines, not so much, and I don't even know what weak tables are :-)

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Recession Relief Package