On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 11:18:34PM +0200, Steve Litt wrote:

> At this point I'm not sold on coroutines being as important as the preceding,
> and time considerations suggest not getting into Metatables.

Not only importance or time considerations, they're over the top.

I'd say that coroutines, userdata, metatables, weak tables and the fact
that arrays with holes are possible but not really catered for, are
topics way too advanced even for a second or third lecture, let alone
a first.  It took me several weeks to get to grips with them, and in some
cases the grip has already slipped again because I have no need of the
feature in question.

Dirk