On 02/02/2011 03:43, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
on number of copies you might be right; but it's far too common to see
a project where somebody comments: "humm, this is starting to look
like a full language, why not embed an existing one?", and the
immediate answer is usually "great idea, python would be wonderful"

Yes. Or Scheme (Gimp), Tcl (forgot which soft), a dialect of Pascal (IzArc, Inno Setup) or even some self-made language (urgh!).
Some are easier to learn than others (I put Lua in the "easy" section!).

Well, I found my trip to learn Scheme to improve a Gimp script interesting and a good learning experience (discovered the concept of operator as function, seen again in Scala), although I probably forgot most of it already...

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France