* Paul Hudson:

> Paul (perhaps being a bit oversensitive tonight, but apparently deliberate
> omissions of key statements in responses do tend to annoy me).

How would we know why you were joking?

(It's quite common with other programming languages to argue that a
feature is totally against how things are done in that language, when
in fact the language *already* has a strikingly similar feature.  I
guess it doesn't happen as much with Lua because its far simpler.
Claims that the feature is far off mainstream and has not gained
acceptance in the industry is another frequently hilarity.
Surprisingly often, Visual Basic offers the feature in question.)

Anyway, it seems that lua-l has surpassed golang-nuts in terms of
posting frequency, so we probably should not extend this particular
subthread. 8-)