I just now googled "Lua FAQ". That FAQ was 6th on the list, placing well
behind the bronze medalist "Retired Lua Faq". It also has "Unofficial"
in the title, which seems inappropriate for the official mailing list's
FAQ.

What I had in mind is a FAQ specifically tailored to this list. It could
mention:
- proposals for changes to the language *must* include a working example
- certain done-to-death proposals should be avoided
- announcements for libraries are often made here
- bug reports/fixes should be made here
- etc

John Giors
Independent Programmer