On 23/01/11 17:52, Florian Weimer wrote:
[...]
> This is not a fundamental issue.  After all, most compilers contain
> logic which reconstructs loops from unstructured gotos.

I do not believe that this is true in the general case (although I have
not yet discovered a proof stating as such, yet). A while back I was
looking for algorithms for for reconstructing structured loops from
arbitrary basic block graphs for Clue, and every one I found was
surrounded by caveats stating that they didn't work in some circumstances.

(Which is one reason why I get irritated by languages that don't have a
working goto --- it makes the life of madmen like me who like playing
with code translation vastly harder.)

│
│ "I have a mind like a steel trap. It's rusty and full of dead mice."
│ --- Anonymous, on rasfc