OK, thank above people to share your opinions and give me advices on it. I will keep my code compitable with lua official code.

I want to ask another question: Is there a community or lib to try to  make some interesting changes (toys for fun) base on Lua? If have, maybe I can do some experiments in that community.

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 9:13 AM, HyperHacker <hyperhacker@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 01:01, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> My 2 cents, as an inteligent modern engineer one should be a bit flexible.
>> I coded a decade pure C before trying Lua, '--' felt strange for a few
>> hours but then it was gone.
>
> Yes, I used to think that C++ could do everything, and that everything
> should look like C++ ;)
>
> But I find it _useful_ that Lua does not look like C/C++; it makes me
> load the necessary mental modules.
>
> It is possible to make Lua look like a C-style bracket language. But
> then that mental shift is harder. Worse, you might think you were
> working in _javascript_ and have some very weird surprises!
>
> steve d.

Indeed, already when I try to write _javascript_ now I have to keep
convincing myself not to use Lua syntax. I think changing the
languages to be more similar would just add to the confusion.

--
Sent from my toaster.