On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 14:06, Mike Pall <mikelu-1101@mike.de> wrote:
> LuaJIT Roadmap 2011
> -------------------

Mike, I am very grateful to you for developing LuaJIT.  It is
brilliant and very useful piece of software.

Recently there was a discussion on this list about memory limits of
JuaJIT2 on x86_64 platform [1].
Currently the memory available to a Lua state in LuaJIT2 is limited to
1GB. Will this limit go away in the future? Will the new integrated
allocator/GC help here?

I am using (abusing) Lua for data analysis and quite often deal with
Lua tables with millions of entries (one can increase MAXBITS to 30
w/o harm). Even though LuaJIT is vastly superior for this task, I have
to use conventional Lua interpreter, for it imposes no such memory
limit.

--Leo--

[1]  http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2010-11/msg00251.html