On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 03:21:21 -0700, Drake Wilson <drake@begriffli.ch>
wrote:
>I wouldn't be so sure.  If that DSO is trying to resolve Lua API
>symbols in the executable that have since been stripped, an error much
>like that one would be propagated on a "plain" GNU/Linux.  (I don't
>know what the specific system in question might do differently.)  It
>seems plausible that a strip command designed for embedded systems
>would destroy those symbols by mistake.

Thanks guys for the help, but even after recompiling Lua + SQLite3 +
LuaSQL for SQLite3 without stripping the binaries, I still get the
same error when trying to load the module:

=============
/var/tmp> ./lua
Lua 5.1.4  Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio
> print "hello"
hello
> require "sqlite3"
error loading module 'sqlite3' from file './sqlite3.so':
        Unable to resolve symbol
stack traceback:
        [C]: ?
        [C]: in function 'require'
        stdin:1: in main chunk
        [C]: ?
=============

I don't see any error when compiling the three bits. The makefiles +
output can be seen here:

www.pastebin.com/sM35tTJM

To check if the issue is in LuaSQL, is there a very basic module that
I could compile just to check that Lua is able to load modules in the
absolute, or if it the problem is either with Lua itself or maybe
uClinux?

Maybe LuaSQL needs something else besides the SQLite3+LuaSQL
sqlite3.so that I use?

Thank you.