On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:01 PM, steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
> My 2 cents, as an inteligent modern engineer one should be a bit flexible.
> I coded a decade pure C before trying Lua, '--' felt strange for a few
> hours but then it was gone.

Yes, I used to think that C++ could do everything, and that everything
should look like C++ ;)

But I find it _useful_ that Lua does not look like C/C++; it makes me
load the necessary mental modules.

It is possible to make Lua look like a C-style bracket language. But
then that mental shift is harder. Worse, you might think you were
working in _javascript_ and have some very weird surprises!

Actually, as long as you're familiar with them, you won't misuse them. _javascript_ and C have plenty differences to distinguish conveniently. At least, the operators of those several popular language: c, c++, java, php, python, js, ... are the same. Most of the operators in lua is also the same as those, only the '~=' is an abrupt symbol.

steve d.