On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Lua 5.1.4 [now imported in NetBSD] and trying to have a C
> function create an array of items, but have found that it is causing the
> Lua interpreter to coredump on exit.
>
> I've googled a bit but found no comments about that and am wondering if
> this is a generic thing or just local?  My basic test module is attached,
> triggering a failure is as easy as calling the function and exiting..
Are you linking against lua in your test library, or are you letting
it find the symbols of the already-executing Lua executable?

If you are linking against Lua for your module, you are not doing it
right...  The Lua executable and many tools that use Lua and "might"
use your module are statically linked to Lua and when you link against
it, you cause problems due to slightly mismatched symbols.

--
Thomas Harning Jr.