Robert G. Jakabosky, Phoenix Sol, and I worked together to create a
binding to Ryan Dahl's http-parser (from node.js project).

Documentation (in README file):

  https://github.com/brimworks/lua-http-parser

Try It Out

  luarocks install lua-http-parser

Fork me on github:

  https://github.com/brimworks/lua-http-parser

Thanks to Phoenix Sol for providing the original inspiration and
Robert G. Jakabosky for making the performance and memory overhead
much better!

Note that version 1.0 is not backwards compatible with earlier
versions of the library.  Earlier versions had separate
on_header_field and on_header_value events, the new version only has
an on_header(field, value) event.  For more information about this
backwards incompatible change, please see:

  https://github.com/brimworks/lua-http-parser/commit/64624c39a14480d4fe9d603621bfb932ea663f66

If anyone is using the old API, I can always provide an emulator for
backwards compatibility.  Just let me know.

Thanks,
-Brian

--
Brian Maher >> Glory to God <<