On 01/17/11 10:02, Marc Balmer wrote:
Quite obviously the Lua language designers made it waaay to easy to
integrate Lua with C code ;)

Can we please add some complexity and obscurity, please...?

I think Lua need:
 - one universal interface (like dbi or luasql);
- MAY BE one PostgreSQL-specific interface (like STPeters Lua-PgSQL) for support PostgreSQL features like NOTIFY;
 - MAY BE one low-level libpq binding.

For now we have:
1. LuaSQL
http://www.keplerproject.org/luasql/
High-level, universal (ODBC, ADO, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite and PostgreSQL).

2. LuaDBI
http://code.google.com/p/luadbi/
High-level, universal (DB2, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite).

3. Lua-PgSQL
http://luaforge.net/projects/luapgsql/
https://github.com/STPeters/luapgsql
High-level, PostgreSQL-specific.
NOTIFY support with my patch (sleep awaiting NOTIFY)

4. Lua Postgres
http://norman.github.com/lua-postgres/
High-level, PostgreSQL-specific.

5. lua-pgsql
http://alacner.com/pro/lua-pgsql/
https://github.com/alacner/lua-pgsql
High-level, PostgreSQL-specific, support almost all libpq fetures:
NOTIFY support (IMHO unuseable - NOTIFY poll);
large object support;
asynchronously operations support.

6. LuaPSQL
http://code.google.com/p/luapsql