Hi,

By any chance, is there a Lua-5.2-compatible implementation of the
bit32 module written for Lua 5.1?

I suppose that for new code written now using Lua 5.1, using bit32 now
would reduce the porting efforts when the codebase transitions to Lua
5.2 later.

However, I just need to split parts of a bitfield in 32-bit unsigned
values; given I won't have to deal with signedness, overflow, etc., so
maybe it just makes no difference which one I pick and porting from,
say, bitop to bit32 will be a simple search-and-replace?

-- Hisham