On 09.01.2011 23:49, Sam Roberts wrote:
On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM, GrayFace<>  wrote:
On 07.01.2011 21:36, Mark Hamburg wrote:
If your C code needs to reference a Lua value, I tend to recommend using
light userdata keys in the registry bearing in mind that this creates
anchors for the GC.

Where can I read more about these GC anchors?

I haven't found anything on the issue there.

I was wrong about light userdata. There already is such agreement: "Typically, you should use as key a string containing your library name or a light userdata with the address of a C object in your code." (c) manual.

Best regards,
Sergey Rozhenko