On 1/6/2011 2:08 PM, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 09:19, Axel Kittenberger wrote:
Yes, free and online, that is correct. (That does not mean that it can
coexist with paid printed version as it is with ProGit, but, I
imagine, that to make printed and paid version possible, we would need
to overcome a lot of legal hassle.)

How about simply asking all contributes to agree with CC-BY 3.0?
(without SA and NC)
This would open the way for any editor able to convince a publisher to print it.

That is the tempting idea.

However, I'm afraid of the angst that can arise among the contributors
if someone manages to publish the book and pocket the money.

Prospective contributors, please say your opinion.

2 cents. Sign copyright forms to give copyright control to Roberto & Co, since there is an entity already in place in the Lua source code license. Then if there is a book, proceeds will end up in support of Lua and the community. It's only a cookbook, this arrangement is a fair option and there is no ambiguity.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)