On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 08:19, Henning Diedrich <hdiedrich@eonblast.com> wrote:
> On 1/5/11 2:10 PM, Leo Razoumov wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 08:04, Leo Razoumov <slonik.az@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It would be great if you could provide your implementation as a
> standalone patch.
>
> Henning,
> I meant a standalone patch against Lua-5.1.x series.
>
> I haven't looked into how 5.2 differs from 5.1, do you think 5.2 is still
> far off?
>
> Henning

There are some differences and incompatibilities between the two. For
example, Lua-5.2 got rid of function environments altogether.
But these differences, most likely, are irrelevant for your patch, though.
Also, if I understand correctly, Mike Pall has no immediate plans to
migrate LuaJIT to Lua-5.2 (but I may be wrong).
It seems that Lua-5.1.x will be in use for quite some time even after
5.2 is released.

--Leo--