On 1/1/2011 11:03 PM, Henning Diedrich wrote:
[snip]
On 1/1/11 3:10 PM, steve donovan wrote:
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Henning Diedrich wrote:
So I plead with you, Roberto, for the soul of Lua, as Chris called out, fix
# !
But it ain't broken, so why fix it? It works precisely as specified.
[snip]
It's a problem when people pretend that a raw Lua table is the
particular data structure they have in mind

Lua gets pretty close to pretend one structure, the table, is all
you ever need, but then without a warning backs out of it with #,
isn't it?

Lean and mean is the word. Lua didn't promise any C++ kind of thingy. There is a lot of C-specific details that it takes on too...

I dunno, what do you hope to achieve by continuing this? :-)

An implementation. Easiest way to answer critics.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)