On Monday 03 January 2011 08:53:54 Alexander Gladysh wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 16:42, Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > In my Lua readings I haven't come across a fork() command. Is there a way
> > I can rewrite my ufork.pl in Lua? If not, is there a different way to do
> > it in Lua? If not that, I spoze I could do it in C and make sure it's
> > statically compiled so as to be distributable as a binary.
>
> See luaposix: http://luaforge.net/projects/luaposix/
>
> Alexander.

Thanks Alexander,

I inserted require("luaposix") at the top of my program, and it errored out
with "module 'luaposix' not found". I don't know if this is because I got the
syntax wrong on the require statement, because I should have used something
besides require, or because luaposix isn't installed. If it's the latter, that
pretty much precludes my using it, because I don't want to require UMENU users
to install any packages other than Lua.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt