"People on this list can go on endlessly about _anything_..."

+1

I regret my part in it. I was bordering on rude, by being so presumptuous as to start a thread about nominating people but that aspect went nowhere fast.

Perhaps a section on the wiki listing the controversial parts of the language and gotchas would be productive, perhaps this discussion could continue there.

I don't see how relentlessly beating on the Lua team about # is doing anyone any good. I have tried several times to be helpful on this list but I just end up make things worse for the guys who gave me this language. I am going to shut up for a while-Patrick