On 1 January 2011 17:38, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Just before someone reads it wrong again. No it doesn't.
>>> And I think the notion is correct, _we_ know what # means, but Lua at
>>> least in its root has not been targeted at the expert that reads the
>>> manual very closely, but aimed to be a simple as hazard free language
>>> AS POSSIBLE.
>>
>> There is no such thing as a hazard-free language (that can be used for
>> real development).
>
> Caps added for emphasis.

Then I'd argue that this aspect of Lua already is AS POSSIBLE. There
are trade-offs in any implementation, and users will always be biased
towards expecting of Lua the same behaviour as other languages they
know, no matter how unintuitive /their/ implementation may be.

To be honest though, I'm not even sure those advocating "fixing" what
isn't broken here aren't just a (very) vocal minority.

Regards,
Matthew