There is also another thing (which I don't know if it can be fixed):
If the GC was disabled for a while and is reenabled, it starts with a
full sweep - resulting in quite a lag (at least I believe so). Could
it be possible to allow a "warm start" so that the GC will slowly
start cleaning all the data that was left behind instead of making the
full sweep instantly?

I once had a case where I wanted to have full computational power
(without producing (too much) garbage), but the lag after the
calculation's gc activation was way worse.

Cheers,
Eike