On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 10:47:12PM +0200, Shamun toha md wrote:

> It seems like i was very excited with Lua, but many good features of Lua does
> not exist (flavor exist but not working, cant smell the test yet), which
> could have allowed me to move with the speed of light or at least speed of
> sound!!, for solving all my JAVA/VB.net related projects.

You sound like someone complaining that the health food shop does not
sell cheeseburgers and pizzas.

"Lua is a tiny and simple language, partly because it does not try
to do what C is already good for, such as sheer performance, low-level
operations, and interface with third-party software.  Lua relies on C
for these tasks."  -- 'Programming in Lua', second paragraph of Preface.

You're in good company: many of the posts on this list are concerned
with trying to make Lua do one of those things that C is already good
for, often in the process suggesting things that would spoil its
tinyness and simplicity.  They don't complain like yours, but they are
like recipes for making ersatz cheeseburgers from soya beans and tofu.

I can't blame them, just as I can't blame you.  The way one thinks
about something new is always strongly influenced by the things you
already know.

But it is important that you start thinking in Lua, not in Python, or
Java, or whatever other language you may be fond of.  You need to get
to the point where you actually enjoy eating nuts and raw vegetables!

Dirk