On 22/12/2010 17:06, Randy Kramer wrote:
Can lpeg be used on codepad?  How?  I get a bunch of error messages
(below) when I issue 'require "lpeg"', so I guess the lpeg module isn't
present in codepad.  Is there a (simple) way to add it?

Not sure what is codepad, I suppose it is an Internet site to test Lua code?

If not, is there something else more or less like codepad that I can use
to quickly run snippets of lua with lpad for learning purposes?

Well, if I have Lua available on my computer (and it is trivial to add, even from an USB key), I usually just have some test files where I type my code. In SciTE, I just hit F5 to test, or I have a command line window next to the editor to run my code. Works for any language (with or without an additional compile step), lightweight and fast (and can highlight lines with errors).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France