Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the next Penlight release.  The major
organizational change is that module() is no longer used, and so
Penlight is ready for a post Lua 5.1 world (tested with 5.2.0 alpha).
Thanks to Norman Clarke's recent work on LuaDoc [3] the module
documentation is more complete and has examples.

Generally, I have removed some clever things that seemed like a cool
idea at the time. There is no more messing around with the error
stack, and strict mode is off by default - use require 'pl.strict' if
you want it, but packages like Orbit don't like it.  String lambdas
are no longer supported.

0.9.0 does pass its own tests for Lua 5.1 and 5.2, but more tests are
always welcome. (Please try to break it, as long as you tell me
exactly how you broke it.)

When the rough edges have been worn off, I will make a LuaRocks
submission - probably splitting it into two packages, penlight-core
and penlight, where the first one has most of the code and none of the
documentation which is appropriate for packages wishing to include it
purely as a dependency.

Get it at [1] and browse the documentation at [2]

steve d.

[1] http://github.com/stevedonovan/Penlight
(Under the Big Download Button)
[2] http://stevedonovan.github.com/Penlight