On Sunday 19 December 2010 06:38:26 am Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
wrote:
> > PS: Is the list archive reference number available when the post is
> > published?  If not, why not?
>
> The lua-l archive at lua-users.org is only built once daily and so
> ref numbers are only available a day or so after the post is
> published.

Just a note: it could be, if the list used mailing list software that
was RFC-5064 (??) compliant.  (So far, I'm not sure of any that are,
but some mail lists have installed filters to become compliant until
the mailer itself becomes compliant.)

If anyone here knows of any mailing list software that is RFC-5064
compliant, I am interested.  Mailman intends to become compliant
somewhere in the 3.x release series.

The documentfoundation.org list(s) uses "http://mlmmj.org/ but that by
itself doesn't really support hooking it up with the archive-at header
and also has other major limitations (as it will not handle cases where
the footer contains characters not available in the postings charset),
thus we use (used from the beginning) an additional filter in between
(pymime):
pymime can be foundhere: https://github.com/tdf/pymime";