Thanks for the constructive comments Patrick and Steve. The
notification can be a (nearly) noop or a zeroMQ message sending so you
are right, performance is not an issue in the newindex part of the
system. My question was also on the pattern itself and apart from the
value change checking it seems ok.

This "property" pattern instead of a pipeline with inlets and outlets
is an important change for Rubyk and I felt a little unsure...

G.