On 16/12/2010 18:38, Shmuel Zeigerman wrote:
Oops, my face is turning red. :)

;-) No problem, and I used the link you nicely provided, saving me a search...

Yehuda, the manual shows we can provide "ef", execution flags, like
PCRE_MULTILINE or PCRE_DOTALL, to most methods.

The flags you referred to are in fact "cf", compilation flags. They can
be specified in the 4-th argument of rex.match as "m" and "s"
respectively. They can also be specified directly in (parts of) the
pattern as (?m) or (?s).

OK. I just downloaded the lib and opened the manual, but found this topic on flags a bit obscure (from a quick scan at least). At least the fact they are listed (in match() ref. for example) as numbers with bitwise OR... A quick look at the tests didn't help either.

I found also the references to Oniguruma a bit obscure, until I took the time to look for it (that's a Ruby regex library - the name seems to mean demon-car 鬼車, not sure to see how it relates to regexes).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France