In this link, Mike explains it is luac compatible; but maybe it is no more true with V2 ?
I'll make a more direct try at loading compiled code with LUAJit and I'll tell you.

Le 16/12/2010 16:31, Benoit Germain a écrit :
-----Original Message-----
From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org [mailto:lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org]
On Behalf Of Laurent Poujoulat
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2010 3:58 PM
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: LuaJIT and LuaLanes

Yes it's true. But my understanding was the LUAJIT was compatible with
LUA standard bytecode ? How to generate the bytecode then ?
To my knowledge they are not binary compatible. I'd even go as far as saying that LuaJIT doesn't accept bytecode input, but only source code (but don't beat me if I'm wrong, I've never used LuaJIT). In which case Lanes C code would have to be changed to store its embedded Lua code in source form so that it can be JIT'ed.