On 15 December 2010 08:49, Gaspard Bucher <gaspard@teti.ch> wrote:
You haven't considered "dub" (http://rubyk.org/en/project311.html).
The idea behind "dub" is that it parses Doxygen xml output and then it
can resolve templates and other typedefs. You can precisely control
the code that is generated by writing simple ERB templates such as:

https://github.com/rubyk/dub/blob/master/lib/dub/lua/class.cpp.erb

The tool is pretty new and requires optimization for very large source
trees but I managed to build the bindings for OpenCV with it and I am
using it all over in Rubyk.

Gaspard

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 5:16 AM, Tim Mensch <tim-lua-l@bitgems.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm starting to realize why there are always a stream of "don't use
> automatic bindings" messages every time someone asks what automatic
> bindings are decent. There seem to be serious downsides to all of them. :(
>
> I finally dug into several that seemed appropriate for the project I'm
> working on, and found serious problems with each one. If anyone is
> interested in my findings, I posted them in a blog entry [1].
>
> I also linked to that entry from [2], so that my analysis might be
> useful to someone in the future who's trying to make a similar decision.
>
> I think the right answer for a light, general purpose Lua binding would
> be close to tolua++ in design, but with a cleaner parser and support for
> a few things that tolua++ is missing (like smart pointers, which I
> mentioned in another message). Oh, and any kind of support would be nice
> as well -- I barely got a response when asking about tolua++ here, and
> the contact email on the tolua++ page bounces :(.
>
> Tim
>
> [1] http://realmensch.org/blog/fun-lua-bindings
> [2] http://lua-users.org/wiki/BindingCodeToLua

Tim
Thanks for comparing of some of the different bindings available.

My observation for Open Source projects is that a large number do not get a lot of feed back until something does not work, so I would be really interested in what you found awkward to use with OOLua so that I may address any issues.

PS the OOLua link in the blog post is broken,

Thanks
Liam