On 13 December 2010 07:59, Dirk Laurie <dpl@sun.ac.za> wrote:
> Agree.  An undocumented function is at best an artefact of some
> particular implementation, and any exploitation of it by a user
> is a bug just waiting to emerge from its pupa.

However, many may use Lua without much care for different
implementations or whether the feature may change/be removed in an
upcoming version (e.g. those embedding Lua in their applications). If
an undocumented feature provides a solution to an often-encountered
problem, then it does seem worthwhile to me to mention it in the FAQ
(at least linking to a relevant page on the wiki).

Furthermore, newproxy is mostly an undocumented convenience. Its
implementation doesn't use any internal APIs.

Alex