> This looks extremely useful.

Thank you

> You could have a look at gibak. It's a git-based backup system that isfaster
> than rsync and that keeps the full history à la Time Machine (for UNIX only,
> requires OCaml for building).
> http://eigenclass.org/hiki/gibak-0.3.0
> http://eigenclass.org/hiki/gibak-backup-system-introduction

Will look at it. There's been some discussing about git based syncs,
it leaves yet some things open for decission. The pull nature of git
to fetch changes comes somewhat in conflict of the push philosophy of
Lsyncd doing things live right now and rejecting cronjob polling. If
you just want to push your changes continously into a git repository
for safekeeping this is fairly simple to set up with a custom script.
If you want another box to fetch data from that repository there is
either the option to call an SSH command to that box to make a git
fetch, or what I was pondering about a situation where you have two
boxes behind firewalls and a common git repository to use an IRC
channel to tell the other box it can fetch new data now, or to resort
back to periodically polling. There is a minimal proof of concept
example in the tarball that maintains right within Lsyncd a
nonblocking TCP connection with an IRC server.

Kind regards,
Axel