Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it gives necessary context.

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 21:56,  <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:
> I am happy to announce the release of lcurses release 4,
> Lua binding for curses.

> This release gives lcurses a home on LuaForge, adds a GNU autotools build
> system, fills one or two gaps, and generally tidies things up. Reuben
> Thomas is the maintainer.

> Get it from http://luaforge.net/projects/lcurses

Am I correct that lcurses does support Lua 5.0.x only?

I've got this error when running ./configure on my Ubuntu box:

checking lua.h version is in range 501 <= v < 502... no
configure: error: in `/home/agladysh/build/lcurses-4':
configure: error: lua.h version not in desired range

Also: did you consider creating and submitting a LuaRocks rockspec for
your library?

Alexander.