> At 3 in the morning this idea also attacked me, particularly the fact
> that it's essentially a wiki (implying revision history)  Sputnik
> could do the job, although in an ideal world you would want to edit
> annotations 'in-line'.

This would take a little bit of javascript magic on the client side,
but not much in terms of server-side work. The main motivation behind
Sputnik's design was precisely to support cases like this: things that
support wiki-like collaboration without necessarily being simply
wikis.

I wonder though: why a single annotation file, rather than one
annotation file per source file?

  - yuri