Nick Gammon <nick@gammon.com.au> writes:
> I don't want to sound negative. I love Lua. I think it's great. But I
> just don't see how I can get people to do stuff like "replace core.dll
> and core.dll by core.dll and core.dll" in certain directories, or it
> will randomly crash every hour when it goes to look up a web page.

It sounds like an "environmental" problem rather than a problem with
Lua.  How do _other_ infrastructures cope with this in windows?

[A different set of paths for different Lua versions certainly sounds
necessary, but since installation details are outside of the Lua core's
provenance, I guess there's not so much the core can do.]

-Miles

--
Liberty, n. One of imagination's most precious possessions.