On 11/18/2010 10:43 PM, Nick Gammon wrote:

On 19/11/2010, at 2:14 PM, dcharno wrote:

What is the motivation for the ALL CAPS function names in the bit library?

My guess it is to avoid the use of the reserved words "and" and "or".

However it does look UGLY.

That was my guess too, but it would seem that band, bor, bxor are decent alternatives. It is UGLY. If you look at the 5.2 reference index, the first things you notice are _VERSION and bit32.XXXX. Here's hoping this will change before 5.2 is officially released.