> Usually this is not a problem, because most Lua-based apps which
> need lots of memory keep the majority of it in C structures (e.g.
> huge images or database caches). You're the first one who hit that
> limit in a real-world use case ...

I refuse to think that LuaJIT is not suitable for server-side applications! :-) It is not Mike Pall telling me that!

Seriously, it seems I have three options:
- switch to 32-bit and use 4Gb with LuaJIT
- switch to vanilla Lua
- find another scripting language (<--- that is so creepy)

Ok, anyway thanks a lot, Mike for your help!

// Seny